Advice to Singles Interested in Dancing
Dancing is a wonderful way to spend your leisure time. It is good exercise, lets you forget your daily troubles, and allows you to meet new people who like dancing the same way you do. You may find new friends and become involved in a vibrant social group that shares your interest. If you want to dance, but do not necessarily know how, a dance school is for you.
From the beginning, however, you have a problem if you are single: you need a partner. Though I do not have a uniform method of matching single dancers together, I know what usually does and does not work. Keep in mind, I will not look for a partner for you. This is your responsibility, but here are some suggestions to make it easier and more successful.
Call me. Let me know what you want and do not want from a dance school. I will give you my opinion, and we can figure out whether you should join my school or a different place. I may be able to recommend a suitable fit for you. If I invite you to stop by my ballroom and talk face to face, please do so. I may have some ideas that would be premature for the first phone conversation. A personal meeting with me may end up being a fruitful beginning of your dance future, regardless of whether it is in my school or somewhere else.
Usually, if you talk to me, the rest of the content of this page is naturally incorporated into our conversation. Nevertheless, allow me to outline at least the most important points.
- Let everybody know that you are looking for a dance partner. This includes not only your family and friends, but also placing ads on the internet or talking to people in chat rooms.
- Actively look for other people who are searching for dance partners. A common mistake is to place an ad on a web site and not even to pay attention to the other ads on the same page. Read them.
- Do not try to find a dance partner for life. You need somebody to start with. If you find a good partner, your partnership will last a long time. If not, you will be able to look for a different partner while learning. The greater your dance knowledge becomes, the more desirable you are for potential partners.
- What you look like is as important in the ballroom as on the street. Your attractiveness includes not only your body, your make-up, and your hairstyle, but also your movement. As you become a better dancer, you become a more attractive person, and the ability to dance well transforms you into a striking individual.
- Do not be shy to dance with more advanced dancers. They may be searching for a different partner as well, or they might know of somebody who needs one. If you do not dance at all, talk to the other dancers. They are nice people, trust me. They know what it means to be looking for a partner, and they will be willing to help you.
- Consider private classes with an instructor to start moving. It will make you more knowledgeable and consequently, potential partners will be more interested in you.
- I do not know of a single person who could not find a dance partner if he or she really wanted one. It may take time, but it happens. Just stay in touch with the dance world.